Mountain View Neighborhood Assoc. Inc.
- 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of odd # month - (Social event held on even # months. Contact president to confirm event location)
- Mountain View Community Center
714 13th Street SW
Roanoke, VA 24016
- Contact president Corey Beiswanger by calling (540) 845-8174 or by email to email@example.com for more information.
About the Association
The historic Mountain View neighborhood covers the area of southwest Roanoke between Cleveland Avenue and Patterson Avenue Southwest, and between 19th Street and 10th Street Southwest, also including to the east a triangular section of housing between Patterson and Campbell Avenue Southwest. Most of the houses in this neighborhood date to the early 20th Century and this area features some of the city's finest examples of its early architecture.
Streets have large tree canopies that shade much of the neighborhood's pavement. Conveniently located between the adjoining Raleigh Court neighborhood's Grandin Village and downtown Roanoke, the Mt. View neighborhood provides easy access to the city's greenway trail network.
In addition to the multicultural resident population, businesses, churches, shopping, and city parks, other neighborhood amenities include the historic Mountain View Recreation Center offering activities for all ages throughout the day.
Watch a brief video about the Mt. View neighborhood, its rich history, and the Mt. View Neighborhood Association.
- participate in Joint crime watch activities with neighboring Hurt Park Neighborhood Alliance, Inc, Old Southwest, Inc, and Wasena Neighborhood Forum.
- Ongoing neighborhood clean-up projects.
- Promotes the development of safe and wholesome recreational activities for neighborhood youth.
- Seeks to improve the quality of life in the Mt. View neighborhood.
- Seeks to maintain the design and historic character of the existing community.